Earthwork remains one of our core capabilities, and we possess one of the largest modern earthmoving fleets in the region. Dixie Construction Company’s experienced superintendents monitor and direct assets seamlessly at all times based on the required cut/fills.
When it comes to earth moving, speed is critical; however accuracy can never be sacrificed. Our focus for excavation revolves around the following:
- Precise haul routes and cycle times are essential to a timely execution of the available machine power
- Planning of these precise haul routes begins in the preliminary stages of the project, through the use of three-dimensional modeling
- Once a final engineering plan is issued, a three-dimensional GPS model will be created to guide Dixie Construction Company’s field personnel in the delivery of the project
- Through the use of GPS guided machines, material is placed accurately in a single pass, reducing the amount of fine grading required
- Above all, soil movement, aeration, and compaction remain the focus of all site foremen
Through the combination of technology and experience, our customers have come to rely on Dixie Construction Company to deliver their sites ready to build on, in a timely fashion.